[Coco] 720k 3.5" floppies

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Nov 4 12:36:41 EST 2007

On Sunday 04 November 2007, Bruce W. Calkins wrote:
> [...]
It (the HD diskette coating) is about twice as hard magneticly, and the 720
drives don't have enough write power to fully magnetize the coating.  It may
be something that could be adjusted, if one had the actual schematics,
something the chinese aren't supplying with anything newer than about 15
years ago.

Often you get a disk you can read just fine when its made, but two weeks later
its faded back into the noise.