[Coco] 720k 3.5" floppies

Derek dml_68 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 10:12:10 EST 2007

If you put something over the hole on the upper left side of the 1.44 MB floppy disk you will have better luck. I use that trick for using HD 3.5" disks on my Coco, Amiga and Atari ST with few if any problems. (My Amiga 1000 is the most sensitive to using HD 3.5" disks like this)

I use Darren's program to format the disks on my PC for use on the coco
http://www.coco3.com/users/DarrenA/CoCoDisk.zip and it is fast and works like a charm. You can also just format them from RSDOS or OS-9 on the coco as well.

"Bruce W. Calkins" <brucewcalkins at charter.net> wrote:
I had problems with the few 720k drives I had.  I have very few problems
with 144M drives with 720k media.  I have not had good luck with 144M media
at 720k however.

Bruce W.

> I've bought a couple of Tandy 1400's just in order to get at the 720k 3.5"
> drives.
> I've had three drives go belly up in the last 2 months. What other old
> computers used standard 720k 3.5" drives that I can apapt to the Coco? I
> have zero experience with anything non-Coco or non-PC. Thanks.

** Mistrust Authority. Promote Decentralization **