[Coco] Fairlight = Musical 6809s

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 10:57:56 EST 2007

Was doing some snooping of a totally unrelated to CoCo issue when I came
across the page for the Fairlight CMI Wikipedia entry. Being a musical
person I took to read some material and surprise surprise!, the 6809 is
noted as being the driving force behind that great series of synthesizers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairlight_CMI#Features_timeline

Right off my memory, the 6809 was also used in Eventide's 3000 Ultra
Harmonizer (www.eventide.com/broadcst/h3000bpl.htm), I used to support those
back in the 90s at several radio stations. Not sure about the newer 4000
series (www.eventide.com/profaud/dsp4000b.htm), it has been a while since I
had to see/install one... news/talk radio hardly has a need to go hog wild
with radical audio processing :-)

Quite a legacy the 6809 has...

-=[ Rogelio ]=-

P.S. also from Eventide, the old Tape and DVD audio loggers (
www.eventide.com/loggers/240bro.htm)  also employ a 6809 based main control
board.