[Coco] Using a pee sea as a "server" for internet access?

Christopher Hawks chawks at dls.net
Tue May 29 21:05:08 EDT 2007

Aaron Banerjee wrote:
> I had a terminal on my linux box.  It involves setting up one of your
> serial ports as a "dial-in" modem (e.g. putting a line in /etc/inittab to
> monitor the port).  I believe the Modem-HOWTO gives instructions.  I'll
> find out more if anyone is interested.
>                   - Aaron

	I did that for a very long time. My linux box was on dial-up, so I had diald
running to bring up the modem when someone needed outside access. I also had a
couple of copies of slipd (a slip server) running so, my Coco (running KA9Q) and
My MM/1 and AT306 could access the internet. Real neat being able to ftp files
directly from rtsi.com to my OS9/OSK boxes.

	Contact me offline for details.

--
Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft