[Coco] CoCoDisk Update v03

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu May 24 20:21:23 EDT 2007

At 07:24 PM 5/22/2007, you wrote:
>>From: Roger Taylo
>>Subject: Re: [Coco] CoCoDisk Update v03
>>Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 18:48:50 -0500
>>

>>>CoCoDisk is a GUI program.  I do have source code for a
>>>command-line tool from which CoCoDisk evolved. I'll look into it
>>>and see what I can do.
>>>
>>>Darren
>>

>>I didn't know it was a GUI.  Anyhow, I think two Disk BASIC capable
>>.dsk imagers might be enough unless they're lacking some features.
>>

>>--
>>Roger Taylor
>>
>--
>
>Roger,
>
>CoCoDisk allows you to write an image file to a real floppy disk. A
>command-line version could accept an image file that the IDE
>produces and write it to a floppy. Does this sound like something useful?

Yes, a command-line tool that can format and r/w a Virtual Disk
(.DSK) to a CoCo floppy from XP or Vista (or any other Windows
version) would be quite awesome.  Rainbow would support such a tool
when it's available.

I think the author of OmniFlop XP told me that a command-line version
would do this but I haven't noticed such in my download
package.  Ofcourse, I haven't really looked for it yet.  I made the
claim that Rainbow would soon support such a feature as writing to
real CoCo floppies, and formatting, because OmniFlop can do this and
I was looking forward to supporting that tool one day.  But, OmniFlop
is a bit hard to use because of the wild registration scheme and
frequent pop-up warnings that Don't have to do with
registration.  However, there's tons of disk formats, which makes it
ideal for using with the IDE.

--
Roger Taylor