[Coco] [Color Computer] [coco] SCSI trouble

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 23 00:45:27 EDT 2007

George's Coco Address wrote:
> I use a Ken-Ton SCSI interface on one of my coco3 machines under OS9 L2. In
> a recent attempt to backup the hard drive (ST138N) to another, external
> ST138N, I discovered that I could not access the external drive and the
> internal drive is being accessed as both /h0 and /h1.
>  This system used to work, but it was a long time ago since I did a backup.
>
>  Any suggestions as to what may cause this problem?
>
> George

More details on your system would be helpful. Are you saying that you
have an "internal" hard drive (whatever that means) and two "external"
hard drives? Or are you saying you have an original hard drive and added
a second, ignoring external/internal? Post the specifics for the /h0 and
/h1 descriptors.

The Ken-Ton will support scsi bus selection but that may not be part of
your driver. It will certainly support multiple hard drives.

If you were able to talk to two hard drives in the past, then something
changed. The change is either hardware or software and telling which
should be trivial. If you swap the drives, can you talk to the second
drive? If yes, then the problem is software.

Did you change hdisk.dr, /h0, or /h1 since being able to talk to two
hard drives? Did you change from stock OS-9 to NitrOS-9, or from one
version of NitrOS-9 to another?