[Coco] technical assembler question

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Wed May 16 21:51:27 EDT 2007

Robert Gault said:
> Probably depends on how often your code will do the BREAK test. You would
> not want several seconds to go by but the user is not likely to notice the
> difference of a poll every second vrs VSYNC intervals.

To do a break check on the VSYNC interrupt would mean I'd need to write a
bit of code to enable the VSYNC interrupt, and catch it, am I right?
Then I would still need to do a check if in fact the break key had activated
my interrupt routine. My programme is I/O intensive (reading a disk), but it
seems slow to respond to the break key (at least in MESS).

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.