[Coco] cobbler'd disks

Christopher Hawks chawks at dls.net
Tue May 15 20:27:21 EDT 2007

mike delyea wrote:
> dmode /dd shows
> nam=DD mgr=RBF ddr=rb1773 hpn=07 hpa=FF40 drv=00 stp=03 typ=20 dns=01
> cyl=0028
> sid=02 vfy=01 sct=0012 t0s=0012 ilv=03 sas=08 wpc= ofs= rwc=
>
> dmode /d0 shows the same except for the nam part (which is D0 instead of
> DD).  dmode /d1 is also the same.  I am only using 360k 5.25 floppy drives.

Mike:

	When you boot the NitrOS-9 disk, what appears on the screen?? You should see
the "NitrOS-9 Boot" in the center of the screen and if you are using a 40 or 80
column /term, a bunch of debug data.

	Attached you'll find a copy of my article from the Coco123 (Glenside
Newsletter) describing that the boot process is doing as each part of the debug
data appears. It has always (for me) shown what part of the process is going
into the weeds.

--
Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft