[Coco] nitros-9

mike delyea mdelyea at gmail.com
Thu May 10 19:16:42 EDT 2007

Ok, after many frustrating attempts and jumping through hoops until I'm blue
in the face, I've arrived at the solution.  Assuming you have your 5.25 inch
360k floppy installed and you've downloaded the .dsk images from
sourceforge:

1. You gotta have XP or 2K installed.
2. You need omniflop on your hard drive.
3. You gotta install the special omniflop floppy drivers through device
manager.
4. You must get a registration number either by web or email.
5. You place a floppy in the drive and start omniflop.
6. You "format" the disk using the nitros-9 40tpi DSDD 360k format.
7. You "Write" your image file (downloaded from sourceforge) using mess .dsk
format.

Thats it, you don't screw around with the emulators or create any new
images.  You just use omniflop.