[Coco] OS-9 Fortran

Leon Howell puritan_2076 at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 11:36:09 EDT 2007

> There is reputed to have been a Fortran compiler for OS-9/6809? Has
> anyone ever seen or used it? Or is my imagination playing tricks on
> me again?

That would be interesting. I've never seen Fortran-09 advertized, but I've
seen almost everything else, so keep looking. I suggest searching early 80's
issues of The Rainbow, Forum 68, and M.O.T.D. Some of these are on Malted
Media or TRS-80.com.

I've seen some Fortran listings in TRS-80 model 4 manuals, and they looked a
lot like Basic-09. Basic-09 is also like Pascal, but if you have a Fortran
program, and can't find Fortran-09, try Basic-09. It should be pretty close.

If you do find Fortran-09, please let us all know!