[Coco] nitros-9

mike delyea mdelyea at gmail.com
Wed May 9 18:18:34 EDT 2007

I downloaded the 6809 version of nitros-9 from sourceforge (several dsk
images).  I can boot the 40 track version in mess by changing the extension
to os9.  I can't boot it in DK's emu.  I have a 6309 dsk from Curtis Boyle's
site that I can boot (in 6309 mode) in DK's emu.  Using that I can format a
real 40 track disk and backup the sourceforge dsks to it without error
(remember, I'm not backing up the 6309 dsk but rather the 6809 dsk).
However, the newly created real disk will not boot on my 6809 coco3 512k.  I
have successfully created (and booted) the regular os9l2 dsk images along
with several games using DK's emu.  Why won't the sourceforge dsks boot in
DK's emu and why won't the real disks I created boot in my coco?  Any
suggestions or methods for getting nitros-9 working on my coco will be
greatly appreciated.