[Coco] This_looks_cool_-_Apparently_RUNs_FLEX_but_uses...

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue May 8 17:15:40 EDT 2007

>From: Leon Howell <puritan_2076 at yahoo.com>
>Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 16:07:07 +0000 (UTC)
>
>> You know, it's a real shame how hostile the FLEX community is to the
>> CoCo.
>
>Why?

6809 Hackers of the World, Unite!!!!  CoCo people want an FPGA 6809?
I believe the FLEX people have one.  On the other hand, CoCo people
are still producing (a little) new hardware, which has been a real
stumbling block for the FLEX people.

I've never used FLEX.  Never seen it running.  Certainly never
programmed under it.  So I'm curious.  Many moons ago I downloaded the
FLEX mailing list archive, but I've only read it once.  They certainly
had an attitude of "Don't tell me about your CoCo.  Don't even mention
OS-9."

Admittedly it would have been interesting if Frank Hogg had ported
UniFLEX to the CoCo3...

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA