[Coco] Orchestra 90/cc to Stereo Composer Conversion http://6809assemblylanguage.fortunecity.com/ORCH90CC-2-STEREOCOMPOSER.html

coco at yourdvd.net coco at yourdvd.net
Mon May 7 19:41:28 EDT 2007

Well, due to insurance issues, the surgery has been postponed. I have
created a new .zip file with a bunch of extra stuff (minus the
wholesale list i put in the first zip file, I got to thinking that was
wrong of me so it has been removed - only coco stuff is in this one).
If anyone is interested it is here:
http://6809assemblylanguage.fortunecity.com/CoCo%20Related%20Circuits.zip
but will probably have to be downloaded via:
http://6809assemblylanguage.fortunecity.com/CoCoCircuitry.html
Anyone wanting to put any of my stuff on their website may do so freely.

The information from this .zip file is as follows:
The following list is everything that is included in the .zip file
CoCo Related Circuits.zip

$FFF0-$FFFF TO $BFF0-$BFFF TRANSLATOR.pdf
This circuit is from a project I have been working on for over a year.
It is a single-board Robotics Control Computer (SB-RCC) Designed to
run OS-9 Level I and Nitros-9 Level I with minimal fuss. To that end,
the SB-RCC duplicates some of the weirdness of the MC6883/74LS783
S.A.M. chip. This particular circuit is designed to translate any
address in the range of $FFF0-$FFFF appearing on the CPU's address bus
(or is that buss) into $BFF0-$BFFF. Note: The S.A.M. only translates
addresses from $FFF2-$FFFF, but since $FFF0-$FFF1 is a "reserved"
interrupt, I figured No Harm, No Foul, and besides, it made design
much simpler. Other circuits from this design include some to duplicate
the write only switches of the S.A.M. and an MMU that functions like
the one in the CoCo 3 (I want it to eventually do Level II and the MMU
isn't that difficult to duplicate) - As soon as I find where I placed
those schematics (they're around here somewhere), I'll add them to the
zip file. There is also an infrared eye circuit and a 40Khz sonar
circuit to allow a robot to navigate. OS-9 is perfect for this sort of
thing!

DUAL ACIAS FOR DUAL RS-232 CART.pdf
This was the ACIA part of a dual serial pack that I was working on,
based on the design of the Direct Connect Modem Pak, however, I have
decided that the design of the DC Modem Pak and the Deluxe RS-232 Pak
really suck, and it needs to be redone, and done right, so this
schematic has been scrapped.

DUAL RS-232 CARTRIDGE ADDRESS DECODER.pdf
This is the address decoding section of the dual serial pack that I
was working on. I believe it is viable and will function properly.
I hope.

DUAL STEREO PAK ADDRESS MOD 1.pdf
This is a modification of the Orchestra 90/cc program pack to allow
it to function simultaneously as an Orch-90/cc and a Speech Systems
Stereo Composer pack.

DUAL STEREO PAK ADDRESS MOD 2.pdf
This is another version of the previous circuit.

FFXX ADDRESS DECODER.pdf
This is another schematic from the SB-RCC project. Just a simple NAND.

ORCH 90-CC TO STEREO COMPOSER MOD 1.pdf
ORCH 90-CC TO STEREO COMPOSER MOD 2.pdf
ORCH 90-CC TO STEREO COMPOSER MOD 3.pdf
The above three mods are designed to convert an Orchestra 90/cc into
a Speech Systems stereo composer pack. All three provide the same
function via different means.

ORCHESTRA 90-CC ADDRESS DECODER.pdf
This is the original Orchestra 90/cc address decoder.

RAMDISK DECODER.pdf
This is a decoder for a RAMDISK that I was working on. It was intended
to be compatible with the DISTO Ramdisk, including an M.E.B. and was
to be battery backed Static RAM. I suppose the flash devices and
smart cards make this useless, but I will one day finish it.

STATIC RAM BATTERY BACKUP.pdf
This is a battery backup for the above RAMDISK.

STATIC RAM WRITE PROTECT SWITCH.pdf
This is the write protect switch for the RAMDISK.

COCO.CON
This will be a custom LIB for the PCB123 layout software. It will
contain component descriptions for parts not available as library
downloads from PCB123. Currently it only contains the 6551 ACIA part.
I will eventually add the 40 pin edge card and other CoCo useful parts.
Copy it to your LIB directory of PCB123.

More on the SB-RCC:
Currently, the design uses two 32k cache RAM chips as used on 486
motherboards. A cheap way to get 64k for under a dollar. Eventually,
when the mmu is implemented, I will use four 512k x 8 Static RAMS.
The mmu I designed mimics the CoCo 3's MMU but is 8-bits, providing
2 megabytes of RAM.
All of the S.A.M. registers have been implemented, but video is NOT
supported. Connection to the SB-RCC is via a TERMINAL such as Windows
Hyper-Terminal.
Six 40Khz Sonar Transducers are implemented to allow ''seeing'' left,
right, and front.
Ten I.R. L.E.D.'s and accompanying Phototransistors are implemented to
allow obstacle detection below the range of the ''sonar'', at a 45
degree angle and a distance of 4 to 6 inches.
No firmware exists yet, only schematics, some partially tested
circuitry, etc.
Originally, I was going to keep all of this to myself until it was a
fully finished, tested, fully functioning entity. However, since I
was schooled in electronics, I have forgotten much... quite a bit in
fact, so I thought if I posted my circuitry, all of you wonderful folks
might have fun looking at it, playing around with it and telling me
better ways to do it. If anyone is really interested, I will take a
few days to go through my entire storage shed and dig out all of my
schematics and work from the past year and we can all have fun
debugging, fixing, and generally goofing around with the circuitry.

NOTE: ALL OF THE ABOVE IS PRONE TO ERRORS, AS I DID NOT DIG THE
SCHEMATICS OUT OF MY STORAGE SHED, I RECREATED THEM FROM MEMORY
WHILST SITTING IN FRONT OF MY PC USING PCB123, SO PLEASE POINT
OUT ANY PROBLEMS YOU MIGHT SPOT.

ALSO, ANYONE CAN USE THE CIRCUITS AS THEY SEE FIT - IN THEIR OWN
PROJECTS OR WHAT HAVE YOU.

HAVE FUN! THAT'S WHAT THE COCO IS ALL ABOUT. -ROBERT <COCO at YOURDVD.NET>