[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: C compiler for 6809

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Mon May 7 08:13:39 EDT 2007

I have that book, and used it to some extent when making RELIC.  It's
a pretty good book for its intended target audience.

RELIC uses PCCTS (Purdue Compiler Construction Tool Set), and there
is a C grammar for PCCTS.  It would take some work, but adapting the
grammar to emit RELAX instructions is a very doable endeavor.

That said, my focus is to complete the Ragin' Basic front-end and
library support.  The big things that are missing from Ragin' Basic
are: REAL support, arrays and user defined types.

I'm encouraged that people have actually taken time to download the
source and play with it; I hope out of that, someone catches the
compiler bug and helps with the RELIC effort.

Boisy