[Coco] [Color Computer] C compiler for 6809

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sat May 5 10:57:52 EDT 2007

Willard Goosey wrote:
>> From: "twand76" <twand76 at yahoo.com.au>
>> Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 05:41:21 -0000
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a good cheap (free) c compiler for the COCO3?
>>

> There's also a port of Small C (for OS-9) on rtsi.  I've never used
> it, so I can't really say if it qualifies as "good" or not.
>
> There was a native DECB C compiler, or at least someone did an ad for
> it in Rainbow back in the day, but I don't know of anyone who has a
> copy.
>
> Otherwise, you're looking at cross-compiling, and I'm not sure what
> the status of the GCC port is.  Anyone?
>
> Willard

I have a friend who bought a CoCo 3 and a bunch of stuff for it back in
the day, including a C compiler for RS-DOS.  I saw the floppy disk, so I
can confirm that it existed, but I have no idea whether it could produce
any running code.  I don't think he's ever done anything with it.  He
may not even know where it is anymore.  But next time I see him I'll ask
if he can dig it up.

JCE