[Coco] Fedora 6 DVD ISO & Linux in General

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Thu May 3 13:34:01 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 10:42:07AM -0500, Frank Pittel wrote:

> I can offer to extend this OS flame war by stating that if you want
> a stable and reliable platform with maximum performance nothing
> (including linux in it's wildest of dreams) can touch solaris.

Oh, please...

Between the people who had never tried Linux, those who had only
tried it years ago, and those trying something recent on a (re-)tired
machine and comparing it to their brand new Vista box, there was more
dis-information, mis-information and just plain un-information in
this thread than I have seen in a long time.  It seems that everyone
was just plain happy with that.  I should not have let facts get in
the way of everyone's good time.

But, thanks for painting me as the bad guy.  Maybe next time I'll
just let the list wallow in its orgy of misinformation and uninformed
opinions.

John
--
John W. Linville