[Coco] DOS Adapter

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Thu May 3 09:52:22 EDT 2007

Robert,

 From an electrical aspect I would agree. From a physical size point
of view, I would not.

The DOS Adapter board uses .031 FR4 and the smallest machined pin
sockets made. All of this allows the DOS Adapter and new ROM to reside
in the same electrical and physical space. Trying to get DOS cases to
close after adapting, this was not easy. I also tried as many of the
DOS carts I had to make sure that the arrangement of the PWB would
coexist nicely.

Time you place a socket on top of a socket then place the EPROM on top
of it all, it will be too tall for the lid to close. The DOS Adapter
takes care of this. Of course if you want the lid off then all of this
is water over the damn.

I do these adaptions all the time and there is no comparision between
the hack and the DOS Adapter.

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9