[Coco] Fedora 6 DVD ISO & Linux in General

mike delyea mdelyea at gmail.com
Wed May 2 12:41:59 EDT 2007

Yes, that kind of thinking is old hat (heh).  If you want to install Linux
on a newer machine you need to get a newer distro.  For beginners, I really
recommend PCLinuxOS.  It installs most of the media codecs during the
initial install and it has nvidia drivers available via Synaptic.  Ubuntu's
latest is also pretty good.  For anybody even contemplating installing Vista
the learning curve and installation problems are just as large (if not more
so) than for Linux.  For a look at what modern Linux distros have to offer,
check out this link vs Vista.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC5uEe5O