[Coco] Fedora 6 DVD ISO

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed May 2 12:06:33 EDT 2007

At 10:24 PM 5/1/2007, you wrote:
>Now if Linux would figure out how to provide & install drivers as easy
>as Windows & Mac.  The last time I tried Linux on a Shuttle SN85G4V3
>with an old Nvidia 5500 agp.  The instructions: go to the web site and
>get it.  Instructions on web site: just compile it & install. Then it
>needed other bits that didn't exist. Around that time the GUI
>disappeared to the command prompt. The error message basically said to
>do a reinstall.  That ended that Linux attempt.  I forget which distro
>it was.

 From the responses I get sometimes, I think some people must love
tinkering with the OS instead of actually using it.  I admit, it
looks like a field day for keyboard techies, and I'm not denying
being one, but I just need it to work without having to build it
myself.  I think there's just way too many distros of "Linux",
anyway.  I quoted the word because everybody calls their version
Linux but yet they want to claim that it's different and better than
other distros. And, if they Are that different, then Linux will never
evolve the way we would like it to.  My 2 cents.

> >From a review of Ubuntu 7.04 on PCMag.com, Linux still can't install
>Nvidia drivers properly.
>
>Stephen
>--