[Coco] Fedora 6 DVD ISO

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Wed May 2 10:57:18 EDT 2007

Rumor has it that Stephen Castello may have mentioned these words:
>Now if Linux would figure out how to provide & install drivers as easy
>as Windows & Mac.  The last time I tried Linux on a Shuttle SN85G4V3
>with an old Nvidia 5500 agp.  The instructions: go to the web site and
>get it.  Instructions on web site: just compile it & install. Then it
>needed other bits that didn't exist. Around that time the GUI
>disappeared to the command prompt. The error message basically said to
>do a reinstall.  That ended that Linux attempt.  I forget which distro
>it was.

If that's all it takes to stop trying linux, I'd have quit using Winders
*long ago.*

Windows update once downloaded a video driver update (on Win2K - arguably
the most stable Winders around) that integrated so deeply into the OS that
it warranted a reinstall!

Despite that, this isn't a "Linux is great, Winders just sucks" post
(Well... ok, unless it's a mail server, then that would be true ;-) -- I've
had issues with Winders (print drivers are usually the worst), with Linux
(wirless drivers), MS-DOS (networking drivers), setting up filesharing in
BeOS is iffy work! Heck, I've had issues with OS-9, building boot disks can
rather be a pain... but man-o-man, the pain is worth it! When you get a
boot disk that automatically sets up 4 80-col term sessions, starts
Dynacalc in one, TS-Edit in a second, Rogue in a third and a fourth for a
shell, and was still fully booted quicker than Win2K... It's worth it. ;-)

No OS is perfect.

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger -- SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

What do you do when Life gives you lemons,
and you don't *like* lemonade?????????????