[Coco] Totaly off-topic:ibm thinkpad modem/serial ports

Leon Howell puritan_2076 at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 12:55:41 EDT 2007

I feel really awfull about posting an ibm related message here, especialy
since I'm the only one who complained about all that windows vista junk.But I
also know there are nice friendly people here with windows & ibm experience. I
posted to 10 other newsgroups, but I have no idea what to expect there.

I got am ibm thinkpad 755CE and tried to get on the internet with it. Internet
explorer said the modem was being used by another dial up program, but there
isn't one. The windows '95 diagnostics can't open the MWave modem port, both
programs say the serial port is not responding, and the sound player says the
sound board is not installed (the modem and sound are apparently the same
board)

The diagnostic program in rom says the serial ports and something called DSP
are fine.

What are the correct serrings for the serial ports in Easy Setup?