[Coco] resurrecting 5" disks

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sun May 13 23:27:25 EDT 2007

In the process of trying to make images of my Colour Computer disks, I have
found quite a few which howl when put into a disk drive. Even some disks
which have been carefully stored, seem to have accumulated a deposit on the
surface of the magnetic media.

I know there are others who are trying to do this; what method has been used
to clean up and read those disks, and what success rate has been achieved?

I have carefully wiped the disk surface with a moist soft cloth, and allowed
the disk to dry before trying to read it again, with some degree of success.

How have other people fared?

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.