[Coco] Smartwatch Y2K fix - OS9 Level 2

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Mon May 7 08:52:39 EDT 2007

I had been meaning to check on this for sometime now... 7 years?.
Yesterday as I was cleaning up my CoCo 3 setup I gave my OS9 system a
spin and while the "1907" year stamp does not really annoy me, it
still seems odd... this day and age, and it's tough to make an
absolute awe inspiring impression on some of my friends that can't
believe I still use that computer if they see that date stamp flash by
;-)

Went browsing at RTSI's OS9 files looking for a patch and found a
couple that specifically addressed the Y2K clock problem with the
Disto and another watch, but none for the Tandy Smartwatch which is
the one I installed in my FD502 controller YEARS ago and still is
going strong, 15+ years after its 'intended' useful life as far as
Tandy was concerned.

Is there a way to do this in my almost stock OS9 Level II system? I
use Shell 2.1+

Would it just be more sensible to upgrade to NitrOS9 for the 6809?

-=[ Rogelio ]=-