[Coco] Importing CCRs

Dan Olson dano at agora.rdrop.com
Fri Mar 30 23:34:56 EDT 2007

> Yes, in the 40's.  It died a deserving death with the introduction of
> tape.  Then when tape went plastic, we used the paper version for a
> funeral pyre.

Oh, I thought the question was asking if wire was ever used as a computer
storage media.  Wire recorders for audio did exist.  Also, don't forget
that record cutters weren't that uncommon for home use, I have a Packard
Bell Phon-O-Cord sitting right here next to me :)  Sure, they were never
as nice as tape, but it was *much* easier to find a machine to play back
your recording.

 	Dan