[Coco] Hex calculator (off topic)

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Thu Mar 29 12:13:06 EDT 2007

Rumor has it that Arthur Flexser may have mentioned these words:
>Huh!  I never knew that thing had a scientific mode!  Neat!

For those who think "Wow, they finally updated the calc app for 2K/XP" -->
the mode's been there since Winders 3.1. ;-)

Remember the Pentium FDIV bug? Believe it or not, the calc function has
enough precision to find the bug - after hitting the bug twice in AutoCAD
[1] I did some research and found a calc routine that was a nice test to
see if a particular processor had the bug.

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

[1] Remember Intel's initial dismissal of the bug by saying "The average
user will be affected by the bug once every 24,000 years?" By that math,
I'm a 48,000-year-old guy!!! ;-)

[[ And don't look a day over 90! ]]

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | Anarchy doesn't scale well. -- Me
zmerch at 30below.com.         |