[Coco] New CoCo3.com

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Tue Mar 27 10:59:51 EDT 2007

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 14:08:11 -0500
> From: Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com>
> Subject: [Coco] New CoCo3.com
> To: cocolist for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
>
> Good weekend fellow CoCoNuts,
>
> With all good things comes change, so in order to allow for expansion
> of coco3.com, I've moved to a new system and theme.  The design is
> being tweaked a little here and there, and some feature's likes the
> News is not fully working yet, but all should be well in a matter of days.
>
> In the coming weeks, I'll be moving the rest of the content from the
> old site into the new one.  The FAQ has to be rebuilt, and all
> articles from the static pages will be moved into the new system, etc.
>
> There's an encyclopedia in place but it's more like a dictionary, so
> I'll be looking for an add-in Wiki-style module soon so the public
> can submit information.
>
> Feel free to explore and submit material as we give it a test run.
>
> Oh, features to remain are the CoCo Cafe chatrooms, CoCo Gallery
> (photos), and CoCo Forums.  However, I'm going to embed the chat
> system into the new site theme so chatters can have access to the
> sidebars and other built-in dialog boxes, etc.  The CoCo Forums will
> also be merged into the new site system soon, but all members and
> posts will be retained.
>
> Enjoy and please give feedback here or on the site.
>
> http://www.coco3.com
>
> Cheers!

Roger - I just looked at the site briefly, and the home page looks
great. I didn't explore in-depth (don't have the time right now), but I
did notice one minor "nit-pick" detail. I use Mozilla (currently v
1.7.2), and I noticed on all of the tables there is a slight 1-pixel gap
(between the top border row and the next row, it appears). You may have
your border edging images cut improperly or something. I haven't checked
things out with IE, because I don't have a copy here (I run Linux). It
does the same thing in Firefox (I am currently running 1.5.0.10). When I
get to work, I will check it out with IE.

It looks great otherwise!

-- Andrew L. Ayers
    Glendale, Arizona