[Coco] Importing CCRs

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Tue Mar 27 05:54:33 EDT 2007

> David Roper wrote:
>
>> My question is, if I was to buy one off eBay from the USA and try to
>> use it in Australia.. will it work? I seem to recall they ran of a DC
>>  adapter (of whatever voltage). Would an Australian DC multi-adapter
>> fit the CCR and be able to run it?
>
> I seem to recall they ran off AC, with a standard figure-8 cable
> connector? Though that was perhaps an earlier model that shipped with
> the TRS-80 Model I...
>
> Regards,
> Mark

The CCR-1 & CCR-2 used the "standard" figure-8 connector for 110 AC.  They
also ran on 4 "C" sized primary cells.  However, the battery option did not
work reliably for CoCo use.

CCR-3 used a 6 volt DC plug in or 4 "AA" sized batteries.  Again battery
power was unreliable for CoCo use.

There may also have been a CCR model.  If so, I suspect it was the same as
the CCR 1/2 which were identical, outside of case color.

Bruce W.