[Coco] Importing CCRs

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Mar 27 00:43:47 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007, Mark McDougall wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I think he's trying to be a youngster who doesn't know any better.
>>
>> :-)
>
>Actually I was implying that trying to buy a tape recorder may not be
>that easy these days! :O Not that I've had the occasion to look lately,
>but I'd imagine the majority of them are in the form of over-sized
>'ghetto blasters'... and not resemble anything like the CCR-80's...

That's also true, but even the ghetto-blaster has swapped the tape deck
for a dvd these days.  My noisy old metal cassette deck is so much better
than a CCR-80/81 its not even funny.  But it doesn't have motor controls,
so its not as easy to use.  The recordings I made on it back in 1986 or
so were 100% loaders, everytime though. No fiddling with this and that,
or which side you were holding your chew on to make it work, it Just
Worked(TM)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)