[Coco] Display 80 I.C.?

coco at yourdvd.net coco at yourdvd.net
Mon Mar 26 18:56:09 EDT 2007

The 6845 was used in such devices as the word pak by PBJ. The chip Tony
used was a remarkable little device. If I remember correctly, it
required very little support circuitry - you just wrote an address
(corresponding to a screen position) to it's internal register and then
sent it the ASCII character that was to appear at that address. Much
easier to use than the 6845 if you just wanted a basic 80 column
display. I just can't remember the part number. Seems like it began
with a 9, but it's been many years. I know there is an article in the
Rainbow (FULL TURN OF THE SCREW) where Tony described an 80 column
display and thus mentioned the chip.
Thanks-r