[Coco] The Interbank Incident in the CoCo 3

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Mar 18 09:04:33 EDT 2007

Rogelio Perea wrote:

> On  Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Roger Taylor wrote:
>
>> I'd like to see a CoCo 3 graphics version of
>> Interbank Incident.  That's probably my all-time
>> most played CoCo 1/2 game.  It speaks to you with
>> the speech cartridge, but I could agree on the
>> female characters in the game talking in a
>> robotic man's voice.  Still, the S/SC made this
>> and other games a little more interesting.
>

> A few years back I ported all the required game files to a single
> double sided 40 track disk and using OS9 Level 1 v2 the game became
> far more enjoyable in my CoCo 3 - no more disk swaps. But more than
> just the convenience of a single disk, what I was looking for was to
> run The Interbank Incident under OS9 Level 2 and take advantage of the
> extra speed in the CoCo 3.
>
> I am not deeply versed in the OS9 inside track regarding
> interchangeability of programs between Level 1 and Level 2, ie: which
> games or applications would make calls to L1 specific modules not
> found in L2 and the like...
>
> Anyone has been succesful running TIB on a VDG OS9L2 window?
>

> -=[ Rogelio ]=-

The answer to running the game under Level2 code seems to be no. I can't
do it regardless whether the vdg screen is /term or a converted window.
I think the problem is how the two versions of OS-9 assign space for
these windows. I am looking into a patch to the game to correct this but
don't hold your breath :)

I have been able to patch the game command Bank so that there is
reasonable color on an RGB monitor but the text becomes unreadable.

  A comment about double sided disks under Level1 version 2. Unless you
patch CCDisk the disk is not a true double sided disk but rather two
single sided disks one on the front and one on the back. There does not
seem to be any provision in the driver for true double side use.
  However, for anyone with such a system, it is simple to play the game
from a hard drive. All that is needed is to add the correct driver and
descriptor to the OS9Boot file. I have tested this on MESS and it works
great as do the artifact colors. The only problem is that MESS does not
support the Speech/Sound pak.