[Coco] list problems?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Mar 18 08:16:55 EDT 2007

On 18 Mar 2007 at 0:29, Roger Taylor wrote:

> I never did associate St. Patricks day with booz'in up.  I guess
> that's a college thing.  But since things like these spread, the whole
> world probably took it under its arm years ago and made it a drinking
> holiday.  My green days were over many years ago.

In Ireland, traditionally St Patrick's Day starts off with Mass at 11 AM. A large
picnic and in Dublin there is a parade that ends at the end of Grafton St. It is
more celebrated as a family day than a drunken fest as it is here in the US.
Though that has changed a wee bit with many Irish Americans migrating back to
Ireland in the 90's.

Then again the Irish can drink a lot. I spent a week in Dublin Ireland and man I
just could not stay up with the locals in pints.

james