[Coco] [CoCo] Atari and Amiga comparison

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Wed Mar 14 16:41:11 EDT 2007

John W. Linville wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 01:02:13PM -0500, Roger Taylor wrote:
>> At 08:08 AM 3/14/2007, you wrote:
>>> People
>>>
>>> In the course of adapting my  converter to these machines I have
>>> had to acquire them for testing  purposes.    Because of this I have been
>>> able to compare them  personally with the coco3.  I have always wanted
>>> one of these machines  because of all the "hoopla" in the press about
>>
>> Don't mean to bug but the term is actually "CoCo 3".  I've seen a lot
>> of recent posts referring to the model as a "coco3" or "CoCo3" but
>> maybe the website name is coming to mind with some folks?
>
> Wow...is this some strange attempt at trademark protection for the
> website?  I hope not.

LOL! :)

> I think everyone knows what is meant by coco3, coco 3, or whatever --
> with or without the camel-caps or the spaces...

I was thinking about this last year (?) I think, when Mary did the
Lonnie Falk issue of CoCoNutz. Somewhere he emphasized the spelling of
'CoCo'... This is where I 'corrected' my usage of 'coco' or 'Coco' to
'CoCo'. Back to what I was wondering though, I was wondering if not the
Lonnie Falk himself had perpetrated this spelling through the forum that
he owned named 'Rainbow Magazine'?

Anyone care to comment about my thought's accuracy? Or at least tell me
that the spelling of the term 'CoCo' was made concrete before the
'Rainbow years'?

-M.