[Coco] [Color Computer] RE: [CoCo] Atari and Amiga comparison

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Wed Mar 14 15:22:02 EDT 2007

In a message dated 3/14/07 12:01:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com writes:

>I love the Coco3 and it does compare favorably... unless you  consider
>a few things.

Well the Amiga was better in many ways but the great thing about
the CoCo 3 is a low entry price because most of it's functions were
cpu driven.   If you wanted you could add a sound  cart,
a no halt disk controller, an RS232 serial cart as well as the OS9
operating system and all these things freed
up the 6809 to concentrate on driving the graphics.   The point  is
you had options you didn't have with the Amiga.   And I am  referring
to the Amiga 500 for comparison purposes.   No one here is  suggesting
the CoCo 3 could compare with machines based on later 680x0
cpu's and coprocessors.

It's too bad the CoCo line didn't continue like the Amiga and Atari
did.  One wonders what would have been if it had.

Roy

http://www.aol.com.