[Coco] Very OT - Dialects: WAS Re: Mary, what's a Hoosier? :)

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Sun Mar 11 16:20:23 EDT 2007

> And "DHL"... BAM, out of nowhere... those yellow vans shooting around
> town just out of nowhere one morning, in every city.  Could it be
> that DHL makes us think they are as fast as DSL ?  Surely not.  But
> both like sounding words came into play right about the same
> time.  It'll work for a while then it won't.  They'll end up renaming
> their business soon to "T-ONE" ?  I work for UPS so I just had to
> throw this one in.  My bad.

The company was founded in 1969 by Adrian Dalsey, Larry Hillblom, and
Robert Lynn; the initials D, H & L of the founders' last names form the
company name. Guess it is owned by the Deutsche Post (German Postal
Service) now...