[Coco] WICO Command Trackball

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Thu Mar 8 07:39:53 EST 2007

> for those interested in the full PDF send me a private message

I just had a closer look at the patent file and my conclusion is:

1) The Motorola SC87152P has nothing to do with the Intel 8052 family
2) It is rather a custom chip based on the 6805 family
3) Outputs of the patented design in "counter mode" are 8-bit x & y
coordinates (has to be proved if the CoCo version of the WICO trackball
is using 6 bit or 8 bit) which are converted to analog voltages by an
external R/2R ladder network
4) The design has an interesting second mode (not used in the CoCo
version) which will output pulse width modulated Up/Down and Left/Right
digital signals

I guess my next step of "hacking" the device is trying to use the
adaptor inside the trackball to connect an ATARI ST type (digital, not
serial) mouse to the CoCoMax Pak.

Regards,
Torsten