[Coco] Disk interface?

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Wed Mar 7 15:43:36 EST 2007

Rumor has it that Torsten Dittel may have mentioned these words:
> > Yes, the box is for the 100/102/200, and they don't have any place were
> > you could hook that controller, that does look a lot like a CoCo's.
>
>Yeah, someone combined things which aren't made for each other. To
>connect the box to the Model 100s you need that cable:
>http://i16.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/83/b7/c986_1.JPG
>which is plugged into the Model 100's ROM socket

Not quite - it's plugged into the 40-pin expansion interface, which is the
same size as a 40-pin CPU on the Model 100 (near the ROM expansion), and on
the 102/200 it's external, next to the printer port; the Model 102/200
cable looks exactly like a PC's internal 40-pin IDE cable & connector.

>  (I guess the ROM is piggybacked).

Nope - the ROM is unaffected by the External Bus socket.

>  The controller should be a CoCo disk controller.

It appears that it is. I'm with the consensus that someone had or got the
Model 100 DVI, and hacked it to use the drives with his CoCo.

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger  --  SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

Hi! I am a .signature virus.  Copy me into your .signature to join in!