[Coco] [Color Computer] os9 not operating with mess0.122

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Mar 7 09:15:51 EST 2007

twand76 wrote:
> Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
> I am using the RGBDOS for emulators setup but I get a "?NE Error" at
> line 110 of "Create.bas"
> The line "BACKUP0to253" does not appear to actually copy the disk to
> drive253 vhd.
>
> Any suggestions?

You are probably not following the instructions. You can't use any of
the RGBDOS or HGBDOS commands with a standard Tandy DOS ROM. The first
thing you need to do is swap the standard disk11.rom for the one
supplied with RGBDOS. That will permit all of the new commands relating
to hard drives to work. Further, you obviously need to have mounted a
hard drive image in MESS.

Be more precise in stating what you have done trying to get RGBDOS to
work with MESS. You might also indicate why you did not contact me
directly with your problems since I am the source for the MESS version
of RGBDOS.