[Coco] Good news: my CoCo 3 is back to life!

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Mon Mar 5 09:27:51 EST 2007

Marcus,

Reading the documentation helps. :)

You have a DriveWire EPROM installed in your floppy controller. It is
looking for the server on the PC via the serial cable.

This is by default. If you want to access your local drives, type DRIVE OFF

Again, you have all the manuals and commands at your finger tips.

I know you just want to play but you have an advanced system.

If you want to revert back to just RSDOS then place the DECB 1.1 ROM
that I shipped you back in the controller.

The mpack is NOT required to run just the disk controller. You can
plug the disk controller in the side of the coco, label up.

Type DIR and the drive light should light up and access the drive.

You have a FD-501 with an upgraded drive to DSDD.

I have shipped many CoCos around the world. This is only the second
one that the memory had to be reseated as I recall.

Glad it is going. You have a very nice setup.

Regards,

Mark