[Coco] I´ve got my CoCo 3!

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Mar 4 06:01:51 EST 2007

At 11:39 PM 3/3/2007, you wrote:
>I wouldn't be surprised if something came loose in the trip
>Just open it, and push gently in all the chips. The memory expansion
>might be loose to.
>I had to regularly open my CoCo 3 in summer, when the temp went over
>30 C, to re-set the Gime and some other socketed chips
>
>Diego

Yes, the GIME will slowly but surely walk right out of the socket.  A
quick solution would be a few drops with a glue gun.

Actually, I've come across many computers with the same problem.  The
first thing I do is push down on all of the ICs... and the crackling
sound of the pins being reseated sounds all too familiar.

--
Roger Taylor