[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: 128 or 512?

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Thu Mar 1 11:17:40 EST 2007

Rumor has it that John W. Linville may have mentioned these words:
>On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 06:42:31AM -0800, Jim Cox wrote:
> > Why James?  Would the issue be the limited writes of the
> > flash cards?
>
>Because CF cards are not byte-addressable?  They look like a hard
>drive, not memory.

If I'm not mistaken (which I probably am) I *think* there's a mode that _on
reads_ CF cards can be byte-addressed, but I think they can only be written
by erasure & reprogramming in 32K or 64K chunks... but again, it's not like
the CF spec is bedtime reading to me... ;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | A new truth in advertising slogan
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers | for MicroSoft: "We're not the oxy...