[Coco] CD-i IFF Source for MM/1?

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Fri Mar 30 01:15:30 EDT 2007

Anybody know if there's any available source code for reading and
writing CD-i IFF CLUT-8 files?  I'm a little dissatisfied with the
existing iffshow program.  It loads 320x200 images in under 2 seconds,
while 384x480 images take around 20 seconds.  But they're only 2.8 times
bigger, not 10.  I think it must have something to do with the way
iffshow allocates buffers or something.
I wish the original source for iffshow was available somewhere.  But
failing that, it would be nice if there were some routines in a library
somewhere to read and write IFF CLUT-8.  Any MM/1 owners out there have
any ideas, or am I going to have to roll my own?

JCE