[Coco] Working with .DSK files if you have XP/NT/2K

coco at yourdvd.net coco at yourdvd.net
Wed Mar 28 10:34:59 EDT 2007

Recently I put together a Windows 98 machine for working with .dsk and
other image files, because XP doesn't play nice. However, I decided
that I needed a way to work with them from my XP and 2K machines, so I
made a directory called C:\COCO and put all CoCo stuff I wanted to work
with there. Then I downloaded:
http://www.free-av.com/down/windows/ntfs_h.exe (which is free for
personal/private use). What this does is take any MS-DOS, DR-DOS,
FREE-DOS or compatible boot floppy and gives it full NTFS read/write
capability. If you don't have a bootable floppy, it will make it
bootable with Free DOS. Then, I boot from the floppy, type:
C:\coco
and I'm off to the races!
The manual for this cool utility is here:
http://www.free-av.com/antivirclassic/docs/man_avira_ntfs4dos_pers_en.pdf

The utility is also available for download from several freeware sites.

Hope this helps at least someone out there. IT WORKS FOR ME (MY A DRIVE
IS 3.5 AND MY B DRIVE IS 5.25)

-ROB