[Coco] Display 80 I.C.?

coco at yourdvd.net coco at yourdvd.net
Mon Mar 26 17:36:42 EDT 2007

Does anyone remember the I.C. part number that Tony used in the Display
80 adapter? I have created a very BASIC vga controller, that actually
works - nothing fancy - just lets me turn on dots of color on the
monitor, but I want to evolve it into a replacement for that particular
I.C. (which has long been discontinued). Basically I just need the part
number for the I.C. so I can find a data sheet. If I succeed, then CoCo
1 and 2 users that have Display 80's will be able to use a VGA monitor
instead of composite. I don't manufacture or sell anything, but if
successful, the plans , schematics , etc. will be available to anyone
who wants them. -r