[Coco] Dave Kelly, where are you

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed Mar 14 21:49:16 EDT 2007

Dave, I've been writing you privately with no replies.  I set up an
FTP account for you to do some cam testing.

There's been a webcam feed from many fest events in the past so I'm
willing to host any uploads/streams if noone else does.  FTP is the
most compatible since the web site visitor sees the images on the
page like any other image, and automatic updating tricks usually
works with most web browsers.

However, I just looked into a one-time event streaming video plan
from a good streaming company.  I can't afford to pay for the event
plan but I can definately accept donations to payment at coco3.com then
set up the service within the next week and do some testing if Dave
is ok with doing an upstream at somewhere around 250 kbit.  That
yields 53 hours for the plan which is well beyond a weekend event.

If it's possible to simulataneously do 15-second snapshot uploads
using FTP, then I can work with that as well.  Ofcourse, this depends
on the webcam software whether it can stream plus do FTP uploading at
the same time.  I think Active Webcam has many features and I might
have a paid version on my system somewhere if Dave wants to try it.

Btw, I've been busy uploading the new CMS version of CoCo3.com which
is coming soon.  Over 5,000 component files make up the system which
supports Articles, Encyclopdia, Downloads, Reviews, News, Forums,
Blog, FAQ, Feedback, Journal, Search, Stories, Surveys, and much
more.  Visitors will be able to submit content to the site in many
forms which will make it even more of a community site than the current domain.

Also, a preservation effort will be made to bring back to life some
content from dead-and-gone CoCo sites.  I've managed to recover some
content from sites such as Jim Davis' site, the old famous CoCo
Homepage, the Unravalled Series site, and a few others.  I'm not sure
where these authors and sites went, but I've tried to contact Jim
Davis for several years now with no luck.  Some have moved on and
didn't give us a "see ya later" message, but maybe one day they will
Google up the words "color computer" and come across their preserved
pages in the CoCo SuperSite.  www.coco3.com

--
Roger Taylor