[Coco] "new" CoCo3.com on the way

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Mar 13 21:26:23 EDT 2007

CoCo fans,

I'm currently installing a massive content management system that
houses almost every popular feature of community sites.  This could
take up to two weeks to phase in since I need to move a lot of the
static page content into the right areas of the live version of the site.

If you frequent the forums or chatrooms, you know what the major
difference is in pages that accept no input from the user vs. pages
that interact and use databases to keep the site live.  The CMS
version of the site has a separate forum, news area, articles,
journal, and at least 20 other live areas.  I'm not sure if I can
migrate the current CoCo Forums database into the new forum, but I
plan to look into this.  If the new forums are not as nice as the
CoCo Forums engine, I won't use that feature.

The same goes for the CoCo Gallery.  I plan to keep it like it is,
but attempt to log the user in using the new CMS member list.  If
this is possible, I'll try to consolodate all of the members of the
Gallery and Forums into the CMS member list and centralize the login scheme.

I'm looking at maybe designing a central login script that calls on
each subsystem's login request, and logs you into all of the non-CMS
parts of the site.  None of this probably means much but I wanted to
give a heads up in case you see some strange behavior over the coming weeks.

What's the benefit of this changeover?  Live, updated, and
ever-changing content across the whole site.

If anybody wants to become a beta test member, I should have
something ready in less than a day or so.  I'll post the home page URL soon.

--
Roger Taylor