[Coco] Good news: my CoCo 3 is back to life!

Marcus Vinicius Garrett Chiado marcus.chiado at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 08:40:04 EST 2007

Dear friends,

My friend Daniel brought my CoCo 3 back to life, he reisntalled the 512 Kb
expansion board and ta-da!!!!! It works!!!!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/garrettimus/coco.jpg

:-D

Unfortunately, he couldn´t get the disk drive to work. We do not know if the
HDB-DOS EPROM could be the problem, since DriveWire is not connected yet,
only the disk drive itself. Is there any commands to load actual floppies
when DriveWire is disconnected? He typed a command to load a game, but
nothing happened. We haven´t been using the Multi-Pak either, just the disk
drive interface/disk drive unit. Is the Multi-Pak needed because of the 12
volt current?

We are a little lost here, totally newbies in terms of CoCo.

Thanks!

MARCUS VINICIUS GARRETT CHIADO
Editor da Jogos 80: http://www.revista-jogos80.cjb.net
Gosta de filmes de Terror?