[Coco] File size from Disk Basic

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Fri Jun 29 11:41:28 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/29/07 10:26:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
theother_bob at yahoo.com writes:

>It's quite responsive and is a giant "in your face" to people who
> claim Basic can only work in a linear fashion, can't be  modular,
> blah blah blah. Please nobody start a flame-war with me over  this,
> I love programming the
>CoCo and will probably keep coding in Basic as long as my fingers will  let
me.

Hey,   the basic in coco  was powerful for it's  time.   And even
now it stands as an impressive language especially considering
who wrote it.  :)

Just a few lines of code has the entire rom behind it so it
is very capable.     Your color fog software  demonstrates
this very well.    I did some work in college with it  around
1986 which impressed a few people.  It was a compiler
language for modeling chemical reaction mechanisms.

I am dabbling in C++ right now and like it but when I
dream at night it is still in basic spiced up with
assembly.  :)

Roy