[Coco] X10 driver

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Tue Jun 26 13:19:55 EDT 2007

2 cents worth;

The "TRS-80 Color Computer plug'n power Programmable Controller for plug'n
power modules, Radio Shack cat. No. 26-3142" used the ROM-Pak based CoCo 1
and 2 only program to set it up to run unattended.  You can also send a data
group to it to be acted on immediately from the ROM Pack program.  I have
somewhere in my files an OS-9 Command or BASIC09 Procedure to do the same.
I also have a RS BASIC program with a ML hook to do that too.  I do not know
if I have any other OS-9 or other commands, routines or programs to set the
P'n P unit up like the ROM-Pack does for unattended operation.

The P'n P modules from Radio Shack were the X-10 system modules under a RS
label.  Nothing more, nothing less, they are completely interchangeable.
The two TRS-80 controllers may have been RS only.  The "simple" Radio Shack
P'n P controllers would seem to be simply relabeled X-10 units.

There was a earlier TRS P'n P unit that loaded it's software from cassette
tape and may not have been capable of unattended operation.  I do not have
one and with a pair and spare of the 26-3142 feel little need to pursue it
and/or how it functions.  The 26-3142 has a 6803 MPU and a 6116 Static RAM
as it's only chips.  I used one for years to control lights and at times a
fan before the great move of 2004.  When and if I get my CoCo's set up I
intend to get some P'n P units in service again.  As well as locating all my
P'n P/X-10 files and consolidating them into a .DSK file.

I lost track of my place in the project several hard drive crashes ago, so I
really don't know just what is where at the moment.

Bruce W.