[Coco] [Color Computer] X10 driver

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Sun Jun 24 10:53:54 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene Heskett"

> On Sunday 24 June 2007, George's Coco Address wrote:
>>I figure I'll harp on this until I'm dead....
>>
>> I want someone to develop an OS9 driver for the X10 timer.
>> If I knew how to do it, I would. However, I'm a dummy with assembly  and
>>just can't seem to wrap my head around the way OS9 does it.
>>Doggonnit!  There are too many files and steps needed to make an
>>executable.
>>I get confused with all those darned files and I have no clue what they
>>are.
>>
>> Yup! I'm an idiot.
>>

>>George
>
> What's an x10 timer?  Brand & Model # please.

Gene,

 The X10 timer in the Coco version is Model 26-3142 TRS-80 Color Computer
Plug-N-Power Programmable Appliance/Light Controller.

 It connects to the coco via the Cassette port. It uses an FSK data stream
about 600 baud if I remember correctly. It may be faster. The communication
is bi-directional to send and receive data to/from the coco and the
controller/timer.

 There does exist a software for this but I can't remember what it is
called, but it only works from DECB. Of course, there is the program pak
that has the rom to program and operate it, but it is a real pain to bring
out a CC2 because the program pak only will work with a CC1 or CC2. It uses
the semi-graphic mode that the CC3 doesn't have.

 If there was an OS-9 driver for it, I could dedicate a coco just for this
application and do quite a few neat tricks around my place.

 If you want more info on just what X10 is, just google it or go to X10.com

George