[Coco] MPI problem or ...???

Brian Blake random_rodder at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 23 14:53:45 EDT 2007

Gene,

The card edges are all clean, and I've cleaned the switch is good as I could (alcohol) for now. Jacksonville is the nearest town to me that has anything other than a Radio Shack to buy electronics supply stuff and cleaner from, unless I place an order with Jameco or Mouser.

Anyway, I used the 26-3124 manual for a little diagnostice last night, PEEKing at the value of 65407, and those all came back with the correct values for each slot. The next step was to start POKEing values into 65407 and then PEEKing them to see if the value was the same. So, I used the ones listed in the manual first, 0, 255, 85 & 170. The 0 & 85 came back fine, the 255 & 170 did not. So I poked some more values in looking for where the screw up begins. It begins with value 168, which returns 160 when PEEK'ed. Every value POKE'd into 65407 larger than 167 returns a number 8 less thanwhat was POKE'd.

Example;
POKE 65407,170
OK
PRINT PEEK(65407)
162
OK

I can't go any further in the process right now due to the MPI not even responding to the presence of a PAK being installed.Even a FDC still boots the the ECB screen. Any other pak, regardless of the slot it's in, causes it to boot only to a green screen.

Brian